At 3Dponics, our ultimate goal is to fuel innovation by giving people the tools and opportunities to apply their knowledge, skills and creativity to meaningful, and potentially world-changing, projects.
We want to empower you not just to imagine the world of the future, but to create it. And that’s exactly what we’re doing with our latest project, 3Dponics in Space, which aims to turn 3Dponics into the space farming technology of the future.
With the increasing likelihood that humans will soon be traveling to and inhabiting other planets, the ability to grow fresh food will be crucial to our survival. We see 3Dponics as a realistic, practical and affordable solution to this problem, and we’re encouraging members of our community to create the most efficient space garden.
- To fuel innovation by providing a platform for open knowledge, sharing and collaboration.
- To connect people, ideas and resources in order to make an impact on the world.
- To give educators the tools to teach their students fundamental concepts of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in a practical, hands-on way.
- To inspire students to use 3D printing for meaningful applications.
- To teach youth about the importance of clean, healthy living and sustainability.
Fostering collaboration and innovation
Our online community is a centre for what we call collective knowledge—a place where people can meet, share ideas, talk about their experiences, create parts and upgrades for the 3Dponics system and, ultimately, push the technology forward—whether that means transforming 3Dponics into an aquaponics garden or creating a system that’s suitable for farming in space.
We firmly believe that open knowledge is the driving force of all innovation, which is why we need people to sign up to our community, build 3Dponics systems of their own and engage with other users.